Thursday, June 17, 2010

Over the edge

I stand on the edge, between somewhere and nowhere in my mind, gazing of into the dark. Silently the falling tears surround me, flowing freely, a sparkle of diamonds in the moonlight. It was one of those times, where pain hit like a car crash and left no visible marks. When I just wanted to retreat, stay hidden inside myself. Out of everyone’s reach and away from the chaos of reality. Maybe in there I can be untouchable. When all i needed was the nothing that was just over that edge. Yet you held me, and tightly you held. There were no sweet nothings to be whispered here. Just a simple “Don’t be stupid!” as your embrace never wavered. We both knew what would happen is it did. Strength was available only as buckets of weakness and i couldn’t continue to hold my feet. If you ever dared to release me…

I just might fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment