Saturday, March 13, 2010

A tangled web

Now I have given away my innocence, to become bitter and twisted; not even you see through this facade. These false smiles, this amused laughter. If only they knew what I really laugh at.

If even you could see this would you want to know me? Still ask of me that which you know I cannot give. Do you really even know me? You thought you did, and I let you believe falsity. 'cause I was done with your promises. Lying had come back in style and I'd decided for once to be fashionable - figured I wouldn't lose to you this time. And now I'm never letting you see the truth.

Can you deal with that fact that, this time darling it’s you. Losing because of your ignorance. An ignorance you share with most. You’ll accept me as you think I am, but would you if you really knew?

Is it worth it at all?

What is actually out there?

Anything worth having or seeking?

Or after that now I've discovered there is nothing left for me to give. Is there anything left for me to be given?

You say you love me. And believe it too, but answer me this: does this love of which you speak exist or are we all duped into believing in something that is lust skilfully disguised? To this we've both become victim, losing to this fiction we call love and kindness, tangled and crossed with the facts of lust, broken promises and falsity. A tangled web we all weave.

No comments:

Post a Comment