Sunday, April 25, 2010

The little girl

I've found the missing piece at last. And brought myself to finally let the mask go. After taping back together my heart,any hope at cover-up now is useless. You’ve seen the true me anyway.

I know its not always pretty. A soul covered in scars. Maybe the facade served a reason. Protecting the little girl that survives, hidden behind the cynic. Behind the bitter twisted views on life, that for me is the norm, is the one that dares to hope. Maybe if i just stay strong, i can keep her alive for you and me to share.

So I’ll make a wish on a shooting star, I'll dare to dream and start all over. Try again,and this time i know you'll be, patiently waiting, always by my side. To catch me when i trip and fall. You wont let me self destruct and you help me heal a little, when i want to.

So now I’ll thank you for when you took apart my disguise. Piece by piece, till you uncovered what i had forgotten:
that little girl inside...
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment